When it comes to SEO, there are a lot of different techniques that you can use to improve your ranking. One of the most controversial is buying links from Private Blog Networks (PBNs). While some people claim that this is a safe and effective way to boost your ranking, others say that it can get you penalized by Google. In this blog post, we will explore the risks of buying PBN links and why you should avoid them at all costs!
What are PBN Links?
PBN links are links that are purchased from a private blog network. PBNs are networks of websites that have been created specifically for the purpose of selling links. They are often made up of expired domains that have been repurposed and used to build a backlink profile. In addition to this, PBNs will often have content that is spun or copied from other sources in order to fill up the site. Because of this, PBN links are often low quality and not very trusted by Google.
Why You Should Avoid Buying PBN Links
While we have made it clear that PBN links are not very trustworthy, there are a few reasons why you should avoid buying them at all costs. Let’s take a look at a few of them now:
- You Could Get Penalized by Google – One of the biggest risks of buying PBN links is that you could get penalized by Google. If Google detects that you are trying to manipulate your ranking with low-quality links, they will likely take action against your site. This could include anything from a manual penalty to a complete ban from the search engine. It’s just not worth the risk!
- The Links Might Not Even Work – Another big problem with buying PBN links is that there is no guarantee that they will even work. In fact, as shared by Semrush, in many cases, these types of links are quickly devalued or ignored by Google entirely. So, even if you do manage to avoid getting penalized, you may not see any benefits from the links at all. These links bring little to no value and are not worth your time or money.
- The Links Might Hurt Your SEO – In addition to the risks of getting penalized by Google, buying PBN links might also hurt your SEO in other ways. For example, if too many low-quality links pointing to your site, it could look like you are trying to spam the search engine. This could lead to a decrease in ranking and visibility.
Safe PBN Link Alternatives
If you are still interested in boosting your SEO with links, there are a few safer alternatives that you can explore. Let’s take a look at a few of them now:
- Guest Blogging – Guest blogging is a great way to get high-quality links from authority sites. In order to do this, you will need to find blogs that are relevant to your niche and offer quality content. Once you have been published on the blog, be sure to include a link back to your site.
- Directory Submission – Directory submission is another great way to get links from high-quality sources. There are a number of different directories out there that accept submissions, so be sure to do some research before you start submitting your site.
- Social Media Shares – Social media shares are a great way to get your content in front of a larger audience. By sharing your content on social media, you can increase the chances that it will be seen by potential customers.
Ready to Build Links the Right Way?
With so many risks and downsides involved in buying PBN links, you best think twice before you buy PBN links! If you’re interested in boosting your SEO, ensure you are only spending your time and effort on techniques with proven results that do not bring hazards to your website. Stay away from PBN links and focus on building high-quality links from authority sources instead. Your SEO will thank you for it!
If you are ready to get started with a safe and effective backlink building strategy, reach out to our team of experts at GetBacklinks for a quick chat and we can hook you up with the best backlink package for you. Most importantly, prepare to see your web traffic soar!