In SEO, backlinks hold significant value. Numerous website proprietors and SEO professionals seek to purchase them to enhance their website’s position and online presence. If you possess a website with considerable domain authority or quality backlinks, you might be able to sell them and generate additional income. Below are some tips to sell backlinks appropriately.
Position Your Service Differently to Sell Backlinks
In 2016, the notion of “guest posting” was surrounded by apprehension and pessimism, largely due to Matt Cutts. To set your service apart, considering the abundance of guest posting services, try to name it something close to “Blogger Outreach.” This isn’t a random idea.
Determine Your Target Market
Identify the ideal user for your product or service. Clearly define who your offering is designed for, as it’s not meant for everyone. Devote significant time to pinpoint your perfect customer—it’s a valuable investment.
What Is Your Unique Selling Proposition (USP)?
If you are considering selling backlinks the right way, it’s crucial to establish a Unique Selling Proposition (USP) that sets your services apart from others. Here are some potential unique selling propositions you might consider:
- Quality Content and Relevance: Emphasize that your backlinks come from high-quality, relevant content that adds value to the user experience. Focus on creating links within genuinely informative and valuable content to users.
- Manual Outreach and Relationship Building: Highlight the fact that you engage in manual outreach to build relationships with other websites in your niche. This approach can lead to more organic and authentic backlinks compared to automated or spammy methods.
- Natural Link-Building Strategies: Position your services as a natural and manual link-building strategy provider that aligns with Google’s guidelines. Avoid tactics that may be perceived as manipulative or against search engine rules.
- Transparency and Reporting: Offer transparent reporting on the links you build, including the websites they come from and the content surrounding them. Transparency builds trust with your clients.
- Customized Strategies: Tailor your backlink strategies to the specific needs and goals of your clients. A personalized approach can be more effective than a one-size-fits-all solution.
Do Anything to Get Social Proof
Never attempt to sell a product online without social proof—it’s essential. In reality, numerous businesses provide significant discounts to customers who share testimonials about their services. Consider offering discounts or giving your product for free to gather more testimonials. Do whatever is necessary to obtain them, as they can greatly boost your sales.
How to Sell Backlinks Ethically
If you aim to market links on your site, follow these essential tips to ensure you do it correctly.
1. Be selective about who you sell backlinks
First and foremost, it’s crucial to establish ground rules when selling links on your website. Partner exclusively with websites and brands that genuinely resonate with your audience. For instance, it’s an exciting opportunity if you’re a travel blogger and receive an offer from Trip Advisor. Collaborate with them to create content seamlessly aligned with your audience, and your loyal readers may not even realize it’s a sponsored post.
Maintain control by working with reputable companies that deliver high-quality contributed content that seamlessly fits your style. This approach ensures you remain in a strong position throughout the collaboration.
2. Collaborate with Link Building Agencies
Link-building firms interact regularly with your ideal customers. They seek top-notch links from robust websites, potentially increasing the number of deals you assess. Send them a professional email emphasizing your reliability as a blogger and persuading them of your high editorial standards—trust me, they’ll value that!
3. Join influencer networks
This approach is like the one mentioned earlier but allows you to reach an even broader audience. Influencer networks connect with numerous companies seeking collaborations with social media influencers, and they also appreciate working with relevant bloggers. Properly showcasing your website and brand on these platforms can attract numerous potential deals.
4. Reverse Outreach to Sell Backlinks
Compiling a list of websites purchasing links in your niche is incredibly simple. Follow these steps:
- Compile a list of popular mid-tier blogs in your niche, such as travel.
- Review their recent posts; approximately 1 in 10 posts is likely paid for and easily identifiable.
- Identify the companies they are linking to.
- Note the company and locate the appropriate contact details for their SEO manager.
- Reach out, expressing your openness to accepting sponsored posts.
5. Don’t turn your website into a link farm
Certainly, sell some links and collaborate with brands that genuinely connect with your audience. However, avoid sacrificing your values and integrity in the pursuit of profit.
Regrettably, the widespread practice of selling links in large quantities has resulted in the widespread emergence of link farms. Dishonest individuals are acquiring old domains and disguising them as legitimate, traffic-generating websites solely to sell links.
Once you compromise your editorial standards, there’s a risk of your once-great blog descending into the shadowy realm of link farms.
As previously mentioned, entering the profitable world of selling backlinks requires careful navigation due to some unscrupulous individuals. If you own a website and want to sell links or sponsored posts, go ahead, but consider the long-term consequences and strive to avoid becoming just another link farm.
For business owner who are trying to buy backlink package, GetBacklinks is here for you. Our team will analyse your website and determine the kind of backlinks you need to improve your ranking. Contact us to learn more.